Tiger Vs Phil
With all the hype and marketing tactics shown by the two playing legends of the game came all down after the recent news exposing the truth and facts of the match has come out in open for the public.
First Mickelson joins Twitter makes fans crazy with his tweet for the match against Tiger. In Mickelson’s eagerness to create some excitement, he hinted back during The Players in May about the possibility of a big-money, head-to-head match with Woods. A couple months later, he leaked more details, before it was ready to be fully announced. Tiger and Phil exchanged some heated and funny jabs against each other – of course on Twitter.
Points to take down and cry:
- Tickets won’t be sold to the public; the match at Shadow Creek will only be open to select sponsors and VIPs. – sheer insult to ordinary fans, eh?
- It’s going to be only Pay-per-view – if you can pay, you can see
- Only sponsors and high-class people will get to see them in real at the venue
- They are not putting up their own $9 million up for grabs, that’s all going to be from sponsors – feels like a money grab than a competition
- Pay per view is predominantly seen as the medium related to hype fight-MMA matches rather than golf, so it will be interesting to see how that fares out in the case of Tiger and Phil and how they smack each other or trash talk – a trait common with boxing and MMA or WWE for that instance.
Nothing against these two greats, you can say these are my rants due to not being able to watch this live, loyal fans will still love this, block the date November 13, all the best guys. Below is the HBO Commercial for the same.
Step inside one of the greatest rivalries in sports before their winner-takes-all event.
— HBO (@HBO) October 29, 2018